The mission of Allatoona's school counseling program is to guide all students toward the successful development of life-long learning, personal responsibility, and productivity in collaboration with students, faculty members, parents, and the community.
- Every student can learn and achieve through different models and at different rates
- Every student deserves an equal opportunity to educational and counseling resources
- Every student will be treated with dignity and respect
- Every student will have access to a uniquely qualified professional school counselor who will identify, address, and advocate for their developmental needs and help to remove barriers
And that the Allatoona Comprehensive School Counseling Program should:
- Have specific program goals and student competency indicators
- Identify and address the needs of students in a proactive manner
- Use data to develop, monitor, and evaluate the effectiveness of the program, and re-assess as necessary
- Be evaluated by the counseling department’s administrator and their advisory council
- Be planned, delivered, and managed by the professional school counseling team in collaboration with our stakeholders
- Be based on the ethical guidelines as well as the areas of academic, career, and personal/social standards established by the American School Counselor Association
- Utilize all available school and community resources to meet the needs of our students
- Consider the developmental needs of our parents and community as well
And that all professional school counselors at Allatoona High School will:
- Adhere to ethical standards as set forth by the American School Counselor Association.
- Participate in professional development activities necessary to maintain a quality school counseling program.